Friday, July 23, 2010

Thankful

Today I decided to deviate from my usual posting and share what is on my heart.

I stumbled across a blog written by a new father who lost his wife to cancer one month after giving birth to their baby girl. This blog humbled me beyond measure. Needless to say it brought me to tears multiple times but the thing that stood out to me was the faith of this man. He was steadfast and unwavering even during the most difficult loss of his life, loosing his other half.

Unfortunately during hardship my tendency is to turn from the Lord and blame him for my hardship because I deserve better. But the truth is I don't deserve better I actually deserve much much worse because of my sins. I am fortunate that the blood of Christ has covered them but that doesn't mean that my life is going to be perfect, nor will anyone else for that matter. Lately the Lord has been chipping away at the hardness that has been building up around my heart...it has been painful but necessary. One of those things is that I have been dwelling on the things that I don't have and not the abundance that I do have. So on that note here are some of the things that I am truly thankful for.

My husband who is striving to be a godly father and husband above all else

My beautiful healthy baby girl

Our loving and supportive families

Our amazing friends that encourage and refine us

That we have everything that we need

That we live in a country where I can write a blog like this and not get persecuted

lastly for my Lord and Savior who loves me just as I am

oh and for ice cream...can't forget the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment