Thursday, June 3, 2010

Milestones

So since I am a little behind on this blogging thing I decided to list when Emrie hit most of her major milestones up until 5 months old.

Sucking her fingers - she was working on this for a few months until she finally got it at around 3 months old. Although sucking them is lumped in with nose picking.



Rolling over
- The first time she did this was April 20th (1 day shy of 4 months) and she was on her play mat and i was in the kitchen. I came back and she was on her tummy...we were both pretty surprised. She really started rolling over consistently May 1st when we were in Abilene for my friend Andrea's 30th birthday. Ever since she started rolling over she has been sleeping on her tummy and let me tell you we are all getting more sleep these days because of it. Here is a video of her rolling over. She has a tough little noggin.



Grabbing for things
- She did this for the first time on May 1st as well and my hand was the first thing she grabbed. I just put it out in front of her like the many times before but this time both of those little hands came forward and sure enough she grabbed my hand. Steal my heart.

Laughing
- The first time we got a consistent laugh out of her was May 1st (do we see a theme here? Kyle unfortunately missed it all). She was being held by Simone and was laughing at her Aunt Ashley. I only caught the tail end of it.




Squealing
- She really started discovering her voice mid May and all she did was squeal all day long. I took this video May 13th right after bath time. You can see what I mean.




All in all we have enjoyed watching her learn new things and really start to interact with us and the world around her. She has a pretty precious personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment