it is incredible the difference a year makes.
We went home to Colleyville for Christmas this year and did Christmas with my family on December 19th. We had the whole Livingston clan there. Lauren, Cody and Delilah (their cute yorkie that Emrie loved! Can't say that Lilah felt the same). Taryn, Brad, Gage and Clara and of course my parents and us. Here is Emrie with her cousins on "Christmas" morning.
One gift that she really loved was her tent that she got from the Sharpe family. If she ever went missing we knew we could find her just sitting all by herself in it. The tent folds up which is great for storage but I had it folded up leaning against the wall with the opening facing out...can you see where I am going with this? Well I guess Emrie thought she could still crawl into it and went head first into the wall. Poor girl had no idea what hit her and all I could do was laugh.
Emrie also got to meet Santa twice and I can't say she was thrilled about either encounter. We took her to the Southlake Town Center on her birthday and she met Santa...no tears just a who are you and why are you holding me look. This was the first encounter.
Then we went to Grapevine Mills with her cousins Tyler and Hannah and got about the same expression. Secretly I was kind of hoping she would cry because I think those pictures are hilarious...alas I did not get my wish (boy I sound like a terrible mom).
We then spent Christmas Day with Kyle's family and Emrie had fun opening presents with her cousins Hannah and Tyler. Here is Tyler with his gifts.
And Hannah all dressed up.
Emrie made out with lots of great things like clothes, toys, a bracelet with her name on it, and lots of books...girl loves her some books.
Here is uncle Dan reading to Emrie and Tyler.
It was a great trip home and after a birthday party and Christmas Emrie made out with a ton of loot. We are so thankful for our friends and family and that most importantly we got to celebrate the Christ in Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment