So I figured I would cover Emrie's birthday before Christmas since that came first and I am bound and determined to keep them as separate as possible. If she has to grow up with a birthday 4 days before Christmas it is the least that I can do.
So we decided to have Emrie's party in Colleyville since we were going to be home celebrating Christmas with my family the weekend before Christmas and would have all our family in town the same day. All in all it went well and I found out that there is nothing more exhausting than a child's birthday party. Totally worth it though.
So I decided to have the party cupcake themed and designed this invitation for her (message me if you want me to do one for you) :).

We had a cupcake station where you can decorate your own cupcake.
Snacks...
A coloring station for the kiddos...
A guess how much candy is in the jar station and beautiful cupcake cookies that Emrie's Mimi K (Kyle's mom) slaved over for party favors...
I also got crafty and made her a birthday banner along with pictures of her from every month of her first year. Turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself.
Next up was the birthday cupcake and since she is her mother's daughter she was a huge fan and not shy at all about just digging in.
Next we were on to presents.
Emrie loves her some books!
Emrie was also one lucky girl to have all of her cousins at the party. Here she is with Gage, Clara and Hannah (Tyler was napping).
Plus one of my best friends from college came and brought her daughter...which was definitely a treat for me. Here we are with Lisa and Layla.
We all had a great time and we will just say that I am glad birthday's only come once a year. Here's to next year!
Happy Birthday sweet Emrie!
ReplyDelete