Kyle and I have both expressed that we just feel that Emrie has all of a sudden grown up and is becoming more like a toddler than a baby. She has just had so many milestones in the last month that it is hard to know where to begin. So I guess I will start with her stats...she had her 10 month appointment last week and weighed in at 16lbs 15oz and is 27 inches long. The doctor commended her for moving up from the 5th percentile to between the 5th and the 10th. Atta girl!
Our first big milestone was clapping. She does it all the time now and often does it when she hears music or if we say "yea". I actually got a video of the first time that she did it.
She has also started waving (sorry no video). We have been working on baby sign language with her and she will often confuse the more sign with clapping and the all done sign with waving. In her defense they are very similar.
For those of you who have had kids since the invention of the snack trap will know that this is most definitely a milestone. Emrie would cry every time that I gave her the snack trap because she couldn't figure out how to get the snacks out. Eventually I just gave it to her and let her figure it out through tears and all...and she eventually got it.
Emrie is also pulling up on everything (sometimes on things she shouldn't) and can move around an object while holding on. Sometimes she will get brave and let go but so far that hasn't been too successful. She is also getting into everything including cabinets and the dish washer. Here she is caught red-handed.
I definitely have to keep an eye on her these days because she thinks anything on the floor is fair game to be eaten (edible or not). She often will try and eat it off the ground like a dog...no hands just mouth straight to the floor. She also got to experience her first bug. Don't worry I got the head out but unfortunately the body made it down. Good protein right?
Kyle has also created quite the daredevil in our daughter since she has been tossed around since birth. I like to tell him to not be surprised if Emrie at the age of 12 is asking to go skydiving. We do a lot of playing on the bed and one day she was sitting there and just threw her feet up and fell backwards (on purpose) and then started laughing and proceeded to do it multiple times. She did it once on the carpet floor and learned that this game is best saved for the bed or couch. She has also gotten into the habit of throwing herself back while being held by kyle or I to try and go upside down (which we usually oblige) but it is also a warning we must now give to anyone else who holds her. Emrie loves her swing that we hung in a tree out front but the only way we get a smile out of her is when we push her high (not too high I promise). I am afraid we may have lots of hospital visits with this one.
Lastly she is just making all sorts of noises these days. One being clicking of the tongue...it is she and Kyle's own little language. He can be in another room and start doing it and she will repeat it and start crawling to wherever he is. Too funny. For me she has hit one of the biggest milestones and that was her first word (outside of mama and dada of course). She can say ball...to you it may sound a little like ba but to her parents it is definitely ball. :) Anyway that is little Em in a nutshell. Next blog will hopefully be more pictures and less words.
No comments:
Post a Comment